Friday, March 6, 2009

Update on my father...



Thank you so much for praying for my father. After about 7 chemo treatments we were excited to hear that his tumors were shrinking! The doctors were amazed and we were all extremely grateful. To make his chemo a bit easier on him, they decided to put a port in his chest. Well the port ended up bringing with it a horrible life threatening staph infection. After weeks of antibiotics and a week in the hospital, he is at home still having antibiotics administered via a pick-line. We are hoping that the infection has at last cleared and chemo may resume shortly. I can't thank you all enough for lifting my father before our Lord. He is grateful for your prayers and thought and concerns as am I. Please continue to lift him in prayer, as he continues on this journey of life with this dreadful disease cancer.
I will be taking a moment right now to lift all of you who read this before our Lord with a little prayer for you my friends.
Lord, bless all who read these words, all who took the time to pray for my father. May this year be a year full of blessings of health, joy, love and peace. May they find comfort in your presence in their daily walk and may they find joy in every aspect of their lives with their family.
I pray a prayer of protection over all of these friends and thank you for all the answered prayers of those who prayed for me and my father. In Jesus name, I thank you. ...... Amen.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

oh such good news! I have been checking in periodically and wondering how your father was doing. I have also been concerned and praying for you! You have been through so much in the last year; praying that you find continued strength!

Lorie said...

Tammy!
I'm so releived to see a post from you. I've thought about you and your dad soooo much, and I've sent emails to you several times. I know you have been extremely busy with helping your dad, but I want you to know that You have been in my thougts and prayers, and you're always on my mind. I check your blog a few times a week just to see if you've update with any additional info. I was elated to see this post today, and to hear that his treatments have started. Please know that we continue to be out here in support for you, and we love and miss you! Please keep us in the loop on how things are progressing. Bless you and your family, and I'm praying for your strength and comfort to help your dad fight his battle. Love and hugs to you!

Lorie

Natalie said...

thank you for stopping by my blog, i really appreciate it! vintage can be pulled off by any one at any age! i think it's more a matter of finding the right pieces that reflect your personality and compliment your physical assets!

I hope your father continues to persevere through his treatment and my thoughts are definitely with you!