Monday, April 21, 2008

At last! A post and a creation!



Well I finally got a small break in the calligraphy action. I have never seen such a busy wedding season in all of my 23 years of doing calligraphy! I am not complaining...just wish I had more time for personal things like stamping along with having orders that bring in $.
This item is called a Grunge Tag, ala Tim Holtz.
It was made for a swap hosted by my friend Deb on Splitcoast Stampers -dcoder.
I had such fun making this tag as it was my first creation from scratch in quite some time. It was great fun picking out papers and thread and pins and eyelets! It is somewhat hard to see in the photo but the top and bottom or on the elephant, left and right, is stamped in Cosmic Copper.
The entire tag was run through an inked cuttlebug folder - "Mesh"
using SU Orchid Opulence, using a tutorial I found on Paper Pleasing Idea's blog (Julie Buehner). Edges were then inked in SU Elegant Eggplant.
Rolled over impression with brayer on back as well in orchid.
Elephant & giraffe images are from Stampin' Up set - "In the Wild", stamped in SU elegant eggplant on white 110# cover stock.
Corners paper pierced (just got my paper piercer set from SU and I LOVE IT!) and edges dragged through
Cosmic Copper Brilliance Dew drops.
The designs on the ends were stamped using the Stampin' Up Sculpted Elegance in Cosmic Copper on
Stardream Metallic Shimmer (lilac shimmer paper!), and attached with copper eyelets.
Embellishments include purple safety pins & purple oyster shell button tied with copper shimmery ribbon.
Multicolored Bernat Bling Bling Yarn for the tails and background of tag.


I took a lot of photos today of things from past swaps that were never posted, so look for some more posts upcoming! I am back in business and hopefully can keep this little ball rolling!

Thanks for waiting for me!

Blog Candy will be coming up soon too! So stay posted!

3 comments:

Carolyn King said...

What a fantstic tag---love those fibers! Great job!

ScrapnVA said...

I love how you used fibers to your tag to add texture.

Anonymous said...

Super tags Tammy! I love that set from SU! I think it's a great one to use for the grunge tags!! Can't wait to see them in person!! :D