Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mural that Utilizes my Art & Calligraphy

It's not a card today that I share with you....but an entire wall of my artwork!

The following pictures are of a mural I did for my best friend Pam's kitchen in New York.
She wanted a cafe style street scene of stores. We elected to create stores that included all of the family members and friends in some way. You will note each store has a name that is relative to her life, and each store matches the owner's likes. Pam's love of wine & cheese led to her owning the wine & cheese store. Her daughter's love of shoes & clothing gave each of them their shops. Her stepdaughter loves books and all of her family's names will be in the bookstore window. Her sister's name on the internet was Trayscafe, therefore it was very appropriate for her to get a cafe! Adam got a bakery (mostly because we needed a bakery!) I love flowers, so the flower shop is mine. My boys love pets, so they got the pet store, where Pam's dogs and my bird & my son's guinea pigs are all living in the window. It was fun coming up with ideas for the mural and it's actually still a work in progress! Each visit to New York brings the mural closer to it's completion. Pam's younger brother Adam, age 15, has helped me with it from the beginning. It's nice to have a younger fellow artist to create with.
With no further adieu I bring you....
Pam's Cafe Kitchen....Storefront by storefront!

3 comments:

Carolyn King said...

All I can say is "WOW" what an amazing mural...you are so talented!

Suzy said...

This is absolutely breathtaking - what a work of art. You should be so proud - this is amazing!

hugs Tammy
Suzy

oleladydevine said...

Wow, what a fantastic mural. It is absolutely amazing and beautiful. Your are very talented.